Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lest We Forget Rick

No, I wasn't [only] joking when I wrote my letter of apology to Rick Reuschel last month; I really do have every intention of posting Rick-related analysis on this site whenever I perform it or, better yet, stumble across it. And stumble I did! Cyril Morong of Cybermetrics posted an old article of his in which he makes a case for Big Daddy as a Hall of Famer. I'm not sure I buy Reuschel's Hall credentials (I need to do a bit more digging before I cast my inconsequencial yea or nay), but the article is a great read regardless.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. I was surprised how well he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it, though as I said, I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced. That said, Reushel's numbers have shocked me as well in that sort of "how did I miss this guy?" way. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete